Bobotie Bento

Bobotie Bento


I prepared Bobotie last night, a Southafrican dish which always encounters a vivid success at home. As usual I made sure that I cooked up enough to fill a bento for today.  Little mishap in the kitchen though: my rice cooker had a shortcircuit :o(  I smelled something burn and was looking all over the place for the source of the smell but couldn't detect anything unusual ... that is until I wanted to check on the rice to see how near to readiness it was.  And obviously it wasn't ready at all. Guess who has to go shopping for a new rice cooker this weekend?

Back to the bento.  I have a serving of bobotie, some rice topped with radishes and the last of the tian as extra greens.  For dessert, I packed a piece of apple, more strawberries, an apicot and a mini plum hidden beneath it all.

Bon appetit.

No comments: