Garlic mushroom bento

Garlic mushroom bento  - 31.03.2010


How time flies. The blink of an eye and it's already the middle of the week again. And this time there is a three day weekend urging me on, as a carrot on a stick. :o) I really look forward to it, as I have so many pending projects I would like to start on. If the weather decides to finally give in to spring and the rain and wind would subside, this would indeed be a perfect break. Fingers crossed that the sun will be quicky rerouted to my part of the world. :o)

Back on the bento front, there isn't anything special today. I have been thinking of making a bunny/Easter themed box, but don't seem to be able to come up with something nice ... maybe tomorrow, maybe (don't get your hopes up).

Anyway, my bento has sausage slices (left over from last night's dinner), some white rice with cheese sakura, fresh carrot kinpira (made a whole new tupper of it yesterday) and baby mushrooms sauteed with garlic and shives. A cucumber baran separates main course from dessert, being the usual fruit selection (orange, plum, nectarine, grapes, apple and kiwi).

4 comments:

megan said...

wow, garlic and chive mushrooms sound SO good right about now. and your fruit section is beautifully cut and arranged, as always!

tinyskillet said...

This is a beautiful bento, I would eat everything in it! I am on spring break this week, so it's going super fast for me too!

Andi said...

What is carrot sakira?

Ingrid said...

@Megan : Thank you so much for your kind words. I always appreciate them :o)

@Lyndsey : Thank you for the comment. I hope you enjoy your break, vacations always pass super fast.

@Andi : Carrot kinpira is one of these typical bento fillers. Basically it's just spicy fried carrot sticks with sesame seeds. You can find the recipe I always use on this post on Maki's Just Bento blog. They are easy to make and taste delicious.