Bento Monday




My first real post on this new blog ... how exiting :o)

After one week on sick leave, I have taken the road to work again today, so it was bento time again last night. Strangely enough, I missed my little bento this last week ... glad to take up the habit again.

My pictures and bentos aren't very special compared to those found on the different flickr groups, but I'm working on it. After all, Rome wasn't built in one day neither.

My bento for today is all stacked in my blue urara dragon fly bento, just the right size for a healthy lunch.

Top tier : sliced oyster mushrooms with apples and boursin cheese, soy nuggets, cucumbers and a little cup of carrot/ginger legumaise.

For the "How to" part (for 2 bentos) :

Dice one onion and a clove of garlic, that you let brown in a bit of olive oil. Cut the oyster mushrooms (250g) into strips and throw them in the pan with the onions. While it simmers, dice an small apple and add it to the mushrooms. Let it cook some more and add one TBS of boursin cream cheese, that will melt with the heat of the pan and quickly withdraw from the heat (the cheese tends to burn quite rapidly).

As far as the carrot/ginger légumaise is concerned, this one is store-bought although I have found some recipes that seem rather easy, so maybe next time it will be homemade.

Bottom tier : leftover orzo turned into a salad with cucumber, orange bell pepper, tomatoes, freshly chopped chives and parsley, radishes and corn.





P.'s bento of the day is the Clickety Click Monkey Bento Box I received in a swap last year (just to explain why I have a monkey bento in my cabinet, because I am not very keen on apes) and it contains roughly the same things as mine :

Top tier : sliced oyster mushrooms with apples and boursin cheese, cucumber/carrot rolls, radishes, cherry tomato and smoked eel (because P. loves any kind of smoked fish).

Bottom tier : leftover orzo turned into a salad with cucumber, orange bell pepper, tomatoes, fresly chopped chives and parsley, and corn.

Smakelijk !

No comments: